Officially launched during IDEF 2015, in May, in Istanbul, DIMDEX 2016 will host exhibitors and visitors between 29 and 31 March.
Officially launched during IDEF 2015, in May, in Istanbul, DIMDEX 2016 will host exhibitors and visitors between 29 and 31 March. This year, it is expected that more than 200 firms from 30 countries will exhibit at DIMDEX. The highlight s of this year’s event are:
• New conference content to discuss concepts on naval and maritime operations: The wellestablished Middle East Naval Commanders Conference (MENC) will once again bring together regional naval commanders and their international counterparts in a high level forum to share concepts on naval and maritime operations.
• More VIP delegations: DIMDEX 2016 promises even more VIP delegations than 2014, with more personalized tours of the exhibition floor to ensure that exhibitors get more time with prospective customers. Organised networking via the unique Delegation Management System established by DIMDEX will promote greater interaction and opportunities between exhibitors and VIP delegates who are the pivotal decision-makers in the industry.
• More business to business interaction: A brand new exhibitor lounge in the heart of the exhibition floor and more organised networking will allow for greater interaction and opportunities to develop business between prime contractors, technology manufacturers
• Access a wide spectrum of current and prospective customers: It’s not just vessels that contribute to the MENA region’s naval and maritime procurement plans. Complementary Maritime Domain Awareness, Maritime Security and Naval Defence capabilities including unmanned systems, maritime patrol aircraft, and coastal surveillance systems are all expected to boost spending in the near future. Firms will demonstrate their capabilities across a number of featured new exhibitor categories at DIMDEX 2016 including, Unmanned Systems, Naval and Maritime Aviation, Training and Simulation and Critical Infrastructure Protection.
The event organization also published some statistics about perception of DIMDEX:
• 79 percent of DIMDEX exhibitors come to Qatar to establish new business.
• 87 percent of exhibitors say that DIMDEX 2014 improved their prospects in the region.
• 76 percent of exhibitors say that in comparison to similar events, the quality of visitors is better.
• 91 percent of DIMDEX 2014 exhibitors intend to take part in the 2016 show.